http://www.carexpressfmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/BSACXPLogoNew-300x86.jpg 0 0 Tolk Persons http://www.carexpressfmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/BSACXPLogoNew-300x86.jpg Tolk Persons2018-11-07 13:00:002018-11-07 13:03:45Facts & Myths About the Flu Shot
Have you gotten your flu shot yet? Here’s are five great things to know about the shot, including a couple of very important reasons to get it. Remember, CareXpress will get you in, out and back to life!
Each year public health officials and health care providers encourage people to get vaccinated against the flu. Anyone at risk for the flu should have a flu shot. For seasonal flu, this includes:
- Children ages 6 months to 18 years
- Adults over age 50
- People living in a long-term care facility
- People with weakened immune systems
- People with frequent exposure to the general public (health care workers, emergency personnel, etc.)
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with a chronic medical condition
- Caregivers or family members in close contact with high-risk individuals
The CDC now recommends flu vaccines for everyone over the age of 6 months old.